To apply for any of the jobs below, click here, and enter 'AERCO' in the 'Enter Keywords' section.
AERCO is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Technical Service Technician is responsible for critical support to the sales representatives and customers to ensure optimum product satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate with customers, representatives or service technicians via telephone concerning product and service issues. Troubleshoots all service related customer complaints.
- Participate in ongoing development trainings both onsite and external.
- Support creation of all technical service procedures and bulletin documentation.
- Assist in maintaining Operations and Maintenance manuals.
- Perform product/service related training seminars to Representatives and Service Technicians at AERCO and in field.
- Visit customers to provide on-site troubleshooting of product or service problems.
- Develop preventative maintenance procedures.
- Maintain list of spare parts inventory and kits used by sales representatives.
- Act as a liaison between technical service and engineering as new troubleshooting requirements become necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of plant’s processes, techniques, tools, materials, machines and equipment for plant tours.
- Participate on cross-functional, new product and problem-solving teams as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
No Supervisory Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to travel - 25%
- Good communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle heavy call volume
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Self-starter, takes ownership of process
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree (Preferred Not Required)
- Previous field experience in the heating and domestic water heating industry required.
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic systems, communications, controls and hardware
- Knowledge of installation, operation and maintenance requirements with steam and gas fired equipment is a plus
The physical demands described here are represented of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of the job, employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Travel required – Approx. 25% of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment with occasional shop floor or boiler room environments
- Noise level is minimal with intervals of spikes.
- Required to wear safety glasses and utilize other safety equipment as required while present on the shop floor.