To apply for any of the jobs below, click here, and enter 'AERCO' in the 'Enter Keywords' section.
AERCO is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Under the supervision of the company’s VP, Lodging Vertical, the Sales Engineer will provide knowledge and consultation in the development of HVAC system solutions for customer’s problems, with a focus on financial and performance-based solutions including ROI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Consult, educate, and develop solutions for the customer’s situation and issues; work as a team player with the members of management and the entire sales team to schedule appointments with new customers;
- Create and present the business case for AERCO solutions to owners, engineers, etc.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the key metrics that property investors use in capital decision making and use this understanding to create and present materials that showcase the financial HVAC sales impact on cash flow, pay-back, ROI, LCC, NPV etc.
- Understand the dynamics of energy pricing, including natural gas and electricity, and use forecasts of future pricing for these energy sources in business cases.
- Perform site surveys, prepare and propose consultative sales proposals to meet the customers’ needs.
- Develops multiple relationships with buying influences within the customer’s organization which may include the facility manager, project managers, or purchasing agent;
- Consistently discovers customer needs and current market opportunities; assembles and coordinates sales team as needed for customers and projects;
- Work with Marketing team to develop integrated and comprehensive marketing plans with accounts in support of key sales and marketing initiatives. These should include awareness/consideration, enablement and lead generation activities.
- Maintain customer information, activity, and documentation in CRM software.
- Gathers market and competitor information and forwards to Marketing and factory Sales group.
- Represents Company at professional societies to promote Company’s technology and product. Provide generic industry related presentations as required.
- Participates on special inter-company projects and assignments.
- Prepares periodic monthly sales report showing sales volume and potential sales.
- Maintains current knowledge of all Company products.
No Supervisory Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent presentation skills with a strong focus on the customers’ pain and buying motives.
- Selling and marketing HVAC mechanical solution projects.
- Proven ability to develop new business and aggressively close sales.
- Ability to develop sales action plans.
- Strong initiative, ability to identify opportunities and independently pursue.
- Demonstrated experience in selling, negotiating, and public presentation is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills applicable to a sales oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous Sales Management experience is required for this role.
- Requires ability to travel within the market area to make contact with clients/customers.
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Engineering or Finance preferred
- 3 + years sales experience in the HVAC industry.
The physical demands described here are represented of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of the job, employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- At least 50% on site travel required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise level is minimal with intervals of spikes.
- Required to wear safety glasses and utilize other safety equipment as required while present on the shop floor. Periodic vendor site visits required.