To apply for any of the jobs below, click here, and enter 'AERCO' in the 'Enter Keywords' section.
AERCO is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
The Reliability Engineer is responsible for initiating activities and projects to improve the reliability of components and Aerco products. This position performs root cause analysis and establishes corrective action as the basis for eliminating product failures. All high incident warranty issues will be handled under a project management format that will close the loop between Tech Support, RGA Admin, Engineering evaluation, and Vendor or Manufacturer of the problem part. The Reliability Engineer will be the “go to” person to solve existing product problems and will participate on new product development teams to insure potential problems are avoided or minimized in new products. This role will also have interaction with the field and be Quality’s face-to-the-field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Confers with Tech Support / RGA Admin to determine top warranty issues through the use of Pareto analysis. Each issue will be minimized or eliminated through the following steps; problems will be researched, solutions proposed, tested, reviewed and approved, then implemented through manufacturing, technical service, documentation, and purchasing.
- Individually and with others performs root cause failure analysis in order to avoid future failures.
- Administer MTBF and/or Life Cycle Testing in the Aerco lab by requesting testing services of engineering lab personnel for the purpose of finding root cause. Track all field site test locations.
- Obtains and examines basic reliability failure data from field studies and/or the data base and correlate the data for analysis using engineering techniques, principles and procedures.
- Presents details of equipment and process failure studies to the Engineering Department in order to ensure a higher level of future and current reliability through design revisions.
- Works within the processes of the Quality Clinic to provide further study of the reliability of Aerco products by initiating improvement projects.
- Contacts customers through written reports on the results of Aerco’s failure analysis and the course of action to be taken.
- Provides travel support to the Technical Service Technicians during peak season.
- Provides feedback of corrective action to Technical Service, Product Line Team and all Training/O&M Documentation.
- Participates in Trainings and Sales Meetings, as necessary, to review projects and status.
- Maintains records of all reliability projects.
- Leads Advanced Product Development projects regarding robust design standards and creating internal design guides for reliability.
- Reviews new product designs for compliance with reliability engineering principles.
- Collaborates with design personnel in design of unique elements or components of product.
- Additional projects and tasks to be assigned as needed
No Supervisory Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to drive world class quality systems and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Well developed organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Must excel in a team environment
- Must embrace change
- Working knowledge of MS Office
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering. Masters a +
- 7-10 years experience in industrial manufacturing, automotive machining and assembly (powertrain), fuel systems management, parameter design, robust engineering design, etc.
- Requires engineering knowledge in product design, fuel systems management, combustion performance, manufacturing processes, and troubleshooting.
The physical demands described here are represented of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of the job, employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Travel required up to 25% of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office and shop floor working environment.
- Noise level is minimal with intervals of spikes.
- Required to wear safety glasses and utilize other safety equipment as required while present on the shop floor.