To apply for any of the jobs below, click here, and enter 'AERCO' in the 'Enter Keywords' section.
AERCO is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
The Associate Product Manager/Engineer will support the Product Solution Manager in identifying customer needs by generating market data, research, customer insight and competitive intelligence to grow vertical markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes customer needs and determines what the customer wants, how they want it, and the price that they are willing to pay for it; specifies the research necessary to obtain this market data
- Project Management: Be the internal driving force for all New Product Development (NPD) projects and determine realistic time schedule with the input of Engineering and Operations.
- Develops field application and sales (SolidWorks/AutoCAD) drawings
- Develops sales collateral including: Application Documents/Drawings, and Competitive Comparisons
- Support customer trainings including product marketing, service technician training and end user training
- Develop test matrix for evaluating competitive products and summarizes results in a white paper
- Works with Sales/ Marketing/ Engineering to develop customer research projects to elicit customer opinions to develop future marketing/sales/product development strategies
- Maintains knowledge of plant's processes, techniques, tools, materials, machines and equipment
- In conjunction with the Product Solution Manager and Director of Marketing, defines marketing communications objectives for the product line and provides source data for all communications pieces pertaining to the product line
- Works with the Product Solution Manager in developing effective sales strategies to attain the most profitable market share levels
- Models AERCO business goals for quality and customer focus by successfully fulfilling the role of a functional team member. Models AERCO business philosophy by demonstrating respect for coworkers on a daily basis
- Supports Application Engineering and Tech Services groups as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the assigned group of products
- Participates in trade shows
- Up to 15% travel required
No Supervisory Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Broad professional experience in product development & sales and marketing areas
- Must be fully qualified to provide technical insight into AERCO product line; familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Very strong leadership and communication skills required
- Developed presentation skills to interact with people at all levels and functions inside and outside the company
- Ability to work efficiently in a dynamic team environment
- Computer efficiency – SolidWorks, AutoCAD and Intermediate level in MS office
- Technical aptitude with the ability to understand complex products and systems, and interface well with engineering
- Self-starter who is effective working independently
- Creativity and an upbeat, positive attitude
- Be able to organize and manage multiple priorities
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering
- 2 to 5 years of experience in development and manufacturing industry (Experience in the HVAC or plumbing industry preferred)
The physical demands described here are represented of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of the job, employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear
- Employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office working environment
- Noise level is minimal
- Required to wear safety glasses and utilize other safety equipment as required while present on the shop floor